AVIC411.com

Stupid f700bt wont start up after splash screen. NEED HELP.

I know this is a common issue so dont shoot me down please... or at least similar to a common issue but I have spent all day trying to fix this thing. Ive searched countlessly all day and cant seem to figure it out. I'm not good at this type of thing but I think if someone could point me in the right direction I can bypass having to send it to pioneer.

Basically one day I was messing with splash screen options and i picked one other than the pioneer logo and that started this whole mess. Now it turns on... does the splash screen thing for about 10 seconds... goes blank then the splash screen just stays on. I can go into system settings but thats it. The backup camera isnt hooked up so its not that I have to turn it off like I have read.

I tried doing both updates on pioneers website but they wont get past 43% and 44%. I think I need to start from scratch and just reboot the whole thing but I feel like an idiot cuz I cant figure out how to do that.

Or does anyone else have an answer to this?? I called pioneer and they said to just send it in and it could be $70 or $200 depending on the fix. Eff that.

Thanks.

Same thing happened to me. Tried to update but would get a red screen and freeze at about 43%. If you get a fix please email me at mr.nefalar@yahoo.com. Thanks and good luck.

Thanks... yeah I got it fixed. I just did the 3.0 update instead of the 2.06 or 2.08 or whatever they are updates. It works great.

Read this post in the problems/troubleshooting section and follow it step by step. "Boot Problems/Black Screen Fix/Restore" (should be the post right under this one)

Good luck.