AVIC411.com

Extra "illumi control" wire during installation.

I replaced the stock radio in a 98 honda accord with a D2. During installation I came a cross an extra wire that was in the illumi control pin on a ZD connector. This is in the polar position of the "illumi" lead which attaches to the orange wire in the D2 harness. I was unable to find a connection for the wire, so I terminated the eposed wire and continued with the install. Everything went swimingly. Soon after, I noticed that if you turn the lights on and then off agian the power locks and the windows on the right side of the car stop working. It is only when I turn the car off and on agian (reseting the computer) that solves the problem untill I do it agian. I assume the wire is the problem but I'm not sure what pin it needs to connect to. Any help would be appreciated.

no, you should get a pro to do this job because what your mentioning doesnt sound normal. Your explaination of things though is full of detail does not sound like your very familiar with installations in a car. the windows are not wired with the stereo. you shouldnt have to ground something TO the stereo for the windows to work, or work properly, the windows are not wired through the computer. What are you doing with an open ground, if you installed everything "swimingly" you wouldnt have anything "extra" that you shouldnt. So either take some pictures of what your talking about or seek a pro.

The ground attached to the old radio. The D2 harness has it's own. I guess it would be a good idea to close off the ground incase anything else is daisy-chaned to it. However the "Illumi Control" wire still stumps me. As for the professional installation, if I don't do it myself I will never learn. I'll put some pics up later, and on a diffrent thread. Thanks for your help.

no need to put pics on a different thread, why make things complicated. Ground wires are not daisy chained. and if you didnt use a ground with the d2 what did you connect the d2's ground to? I am not saying to seek a pro for them to just do it, but to give you some ideas cuz its clear your lost with what the wiring is and does.