AVIC411.com

AVH-4300DVD with AVIC U220

Hi..

With my recently purchased AVH-4300 DVD I also purchased the avice u220 nav unit.

I finally found and installed avic feeds. But for some reason it does not have the U220 in it? Mine is version 2.0.2. When it opens it says there is a later version, but when I click download, it takes me to a page that is gone (404 error)

Does anyone have a copy that supports the U220? or a link to a newer version?

I am mainly trying to find POI updates, as I found out of the box, the unit is severely lacking!! (I could not find even 1 restaurant listing for my area!!)

FYI, I am in canada, ontario, in the Kitchener area (hour west of Toronto)

Any help or suggestions refarding the U220 and POI would be great!

Thanks

ian

ok nice..

I got a reply from Pioneer regarding this.

They told me I need to register my products on the USA website with a US address, and I will receive a link to over 12 million POI.

Hmm.. when I try to register, it gives choice of country, I select Canada. When I try to select province, It only offers states, and wont continue until I pick a state.

cute eh?

I have my stuff registered on Pioneer canada, but their "help" never replied!

so.. does any have the link to these 12 million POI? or can someone send me any files to upgrade my POI? or my Avic feeds to support the U220?

thanks

Ian

ok nice..

I got a reply from Pioneer regarding this.

They told me I need to register my products on the USA website with a US address, and I will receive a link to over 12 million POI.

Hmm.. when I try to register, it gives choice of country, I select Canada. When I try to select province, It only offers states, and wont continue until I pick a state.

cute eh?

I have my stuff registered on Pioneer canada, but their "help" never replied!

so.. does any have the link to these 12 million POI? or can someone send me any files to upgrade my POI? or my Avic feeds to support the U220?

thanks

Ian

The process isn't as simple as it would seem. Once you register your device (I assume you'll have to use a fake address), you'll go through a process where you get the device code from your U220, enter it into a store website, which will give you a media code via email. Then you go to a website, enter the device code and the media code and you get, in return, an authorization code. You enter this auth code into your U220 during installation of the POIs.

Along the way you'll also get a link to download a zip file which has the installation files in it. You extract these to an SD card and when restarting the U220 with the card inserted, you will be prompted for the auth code. I'm not going to post the link to the zip file because a) it won't do you any good without the auth code, which is based off your device ID and media code, and B) it's been a year since I did this, so there may be a completely new link now.

Hope this helps. You're going in the right direction.