AVIC411.com

F-Series F900BT and iPhone 4

Good day everyone,

I've had my F-900BT originally installed back in like 5 years ago, used to have an iPhone 3G and it worked perfectly. Now since I got an iPhone 4 which is up to date (i believe) hooking it up to my F-900BT all I get is the iphone saying that this accessory isn't made for it, and nothing happens. With the iPhone 3G same thing happened but after few seconds the F-900BT would pop into iPod mode. Now, I do have the settings on iPhone selected within the F-900BT settings.

Anyone know or have any ideas what might be wrong?? did anyone else have this problem and fixed it. I'd appreciate if someone would help out.

Thank you,

Art.

• 1 month later...

I have an F900BT, an iPod classic, an iPhone 3G, and an iPhone 3GS. the only device I've ever gotten to work with iPod functionality is the iPod classic. In order to get audio out of my iPhones, I've always had to switch the AV1 source to Video, and then I get audio, but no interactivity. A friend of mine has an iPhone 4, and his functions the same as my 3G and 3GS. I get the same warnings, saying that it's not a compatible accessory, etc, etc, but it still charges and I get audio as well. I'd really like to know how your iPhone 3G got recognized as an iPod! Sorry I couldn't help, but maybe I have?

Good day everyone,

I've had my F-900BT originally installed back in like 5 years ago, used to have an iPhone 3G and it worked perfectly. Now since I got an iPhone 4 which is up to date (i believe) hooking it up to my F-900BT all I get is the iphone saying that this accessory isn't made for it, and nothing happens. With the iPhone 3G same thing happened but after few seconds the F-900BT would pop into iPod mode. Now, I do have the settings on iPhone selected within the F-900BT settings.

Anyone know or have any ideas what might be wrong?? did anyone else have this problem and fixed it. I'd appreciate if someone would help out.

Thank you,

Art.