AVIC411.com

I had never used the cd player until a few weeks ago and when I did I noticed that the head unit doesn't bring up any information about the cd on the screen. It plays it without a problem, but I was wondering if there is something I need to do to make the info show up? Thanks

I appreciate the responses, but they don't make any sense. These are all store bought cd's and all showed the cd information on my stock cd player that I took out to install the X920BT. As a matter of fact, I have never had a cd player in a car I've owned that didn't show the cd information, of some sort, but the X920Bt doesn't show anything, just dashes where the cd information should be. Oh well, like I said, I don't use the cd player much so I guess it doesn't matter. I have really enjoyed my X920BT, but if Pioneer doesn't step up and start paying attention to the details this might be my last from them.

The only way you see CD TEXT info on a commercial CD is if the head unit has a CDDB database built in and most do not. I have never put a commercial CD in any head unit and saw text info. Also you wont see many if any head unit manufactures focusing on features for CDs any longer. Everything is iPod/media player oriented from here on out.

I appreciate the responses, but they don't make any sense. These are all store bought cd's and all showed the cd information on my stock cd player that I took out to install the X920BT. As a matter of fact, I have never had a cd player in a car I've owned that didn't show the cd information, of some sort, but the X920Bt doesn't show anything, just dashes where the cd information should be. Oh well, like I said, I don't use the cd player much so I guess it doesn't matter. I have really enjoyed my X920BT, but if Pioneer doesn't step up and start paying attention to the details this might be my last from them.

There's nothing for Pioneer to "start paying attention to" CD's are a dying media, and they do NOT contain the data you think they do, if your OEM unit was ID'ing CD's it had a copy of the CDDB databes as part of it's OS, many higher end factory systems do this now, i.e. Ford Sync

agreed, your factory radio had a feature that 99% of all radios made (either OEM or aftermarket) doesn't and your mad because the new one that you bought doesn't have this feature, pioneer is paying attention to the details, the details are that physical media is a dying breed!

i guess if you need it that badly, then just put the factory radio back in!