AVIC411.com

Need help buying

Ok, I have to ask this, although I'm sure it's been asked about a hundred times. I am looking to replace my AVIC Z2 with the Z3 upgrade and 2010 maps. I have been back and forth between the Pioneer and Kenwood units, and I was just about talked into the Z120BT. Then I came on here to look around some more, and I come across the threads detailing the Bluetooth issues a lot of folks seem to be experiencing. Bluetooth functionality is important to me, so if this isn't going to work on the 120BT, it's going to be a deal breaker for me.

If so, any other Pioneer units I can look at in the $1k range that have functioning Bluetooth? Should I be looking at the Kenwood units if Bluetooth is important? Any help here is greatly appreciated.

As far as i know, and i do own a z120 the bluetooth quality is terrible, i could only hear her sometimes, and she didn't hear anything i said. very frustrating after i just purchased this insanely priced radio. only used it once, and never again. I feel like i wasted money, the bluetooth doesn't work like it should, voice controls dont work correctly. The video files over SD card and USB stick is a pain in the ass trying to figure out what it will play, and what it won't.. I have over 1500 music videos, and it won't play any.

I'm about to pack it up and send it back

I have a z120bt for about nine months and BT seems to be hit or miss from unit to unit. I have not had any problems at all with an iphone either on calls or with music. I like being able to pull up pandora without having to hook-up on short trip and hear in on the 120bt.

The navigation is another story...