AVIC411.com

Formally a F900BT owner, in my car I fitted a F920BT (X920BT). Couple of gripes I have and no way that I can see round them....

1. Only way to switch between 2D and 3D is through the Map settings menu, no button on the display?

2. Stupid scrolling in iPod to go through names. A simple page up/page down would have been much easier.

3. No customization at all! WTF, my F900 was tweaked to just how I liked it.

4. You still cannot adjust a destination without first saving it, then changing it.

Maybe some of these i'm being dumb with and it can be done? All in all, not that impressed. Yes it's quicker than the F900 but is the GUI better? Not really. BTW I didn't pay for it before anyone asks why I bought it :)

1. Add a shortcut to the shortcuts screen.

3. That unit was hackable. Did you really thing Pioneer was going to make that easy in this unit? But maybe you should search the forum a little more to find the thread about the on going hacking process for this unit.

• 3 weeks later...

damn, well that sucks, that was the whole reason that i went with the F-series in the first place! it just sucks that pioneer cant seem to get their units right, and now they are making it so hard for us to be able to correct their mistakes!

Well let me clarify, its still in full swing, but it has stalled as far as getting to a point that anyone can actually do anything useful. The developer is currently bogged down in complex code reverse engineering to try and figure out what port the GPS antenna is running off of so other navi software can be used. So there is nothing new that would interest most people at this time. Honestly by the time they get anywhere there will be a newer unit to focus on. That new App Radio thing seems very interesting and will likely offer the least amount of limitations of any head unit released recently.