AVIC411.com

Using externa XM receiver with

How do I connect my external XM receiver to my AVIC-7115BT? This question would also include external MP3 players. Is it even possible? The users manual only refers to Ipod music players connections to the rear RCA.

The choices are AV1: Ipod, video, EXT(manual says pioneer external unit connected with RCA video cable) and off.

AV2 in front is video only I think.

Sorry if this is a repost, new to the site...

is your external XM tuner one of those portable plug and play's? if yes then you just plug it into the front input and call it a day, same for the mp3 player (or since you said mp3 player, i assume you dont have an ipod, so you might as well just connect them to the back AV1 input and have less wires running all over the place)

the proper XM tuner for the avic's is external (meaning that it is not built in to the radio)

i would not want to have paid for such an expensive radio and then have an extra device mounted somewhere else on the dash, thats the whole point of expensive audio units that integrate everything together.