AVIC411.com

Copying music on Hard drive Avic Z1/Z3

Hi Everyone, I am fairly new to the site, been on here trying to find out how and where to copy music on the hard drive so it is readable from the deck.

I had it out, its unlocked and can access the folders but cant seem to find where to put it.

Also like to know if its possible to put music videos on it, or if not, if its even able to play mp4/avi, etc. Would the video work if i got a ipod adapter and played it through that?

I have a Avic Z1 that the previous owner upgraded to Z3 before i bought it.

It wont read mp3 dvds or music video dvds and only original dvds and burnt cds. have tried different formats and need to know how i can get my music to work on it.

Thanks in advance, and HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

Clifford

Hi Everyone, I am fairly new to the site, been on here trying to find out how and where to copy music on the hard drive so it is readable from the deck.

I had it out, its unlocked and can access the folders but cant seem to find where to put it.

Also like to know if its possible to put music videos on it, or if not, if its even able to play mp4/avi, etc. Would the video work if i got a ipod adapter and played it through that?

I have a Avic Z1 that the previous owner upgraded to Z3 before i bought it.

It wont read mp3 dvds or music video dvds and only original dvds and burnt cds. have tried different formats and need to know how i can get my music to work on it.

Thanks in advance, and HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

Clifford

It is not possible to put music on the hard disk directly (other then f.i. copying a whole partition from f.i. another Z )

The only way to get music on there is to let the Z rip the CD....

• 2 years later...

I'm just as new to the AVIC scene - I have a Z1 that came with my recently purchased used car.  The prior owner said the drive was unlocked but did not provide much guidance on what I could do with an unlocked drive.  I definitely thought I could copy music/video to the HDD like you can to a PlayStation 3 if you know the proper directory structures.  Is that possible, if yes, please provide a link on how to.  Secondly, I read you can upgrade a Z1 to a Z3 - I assume that is via firmware, what functionality would I get with the upgrade - reason to do it?  Thanks for your help to a neophyte AVID user.

As stated before, it's NOT possible to copy music directly to the harddisk, other then letting the Z rip the CD....

RE upgrading a Z1 to Z3, yes, that's just firmware. There's a howto here showing how, (see Hacks/Mods) or you can just buy a new harddisk from one of the forum members which will upgrade automatically.

see f.i. garrettoomey