AVIC411.com

possible new bypass for z130bt retaining onstar mute wire

Ok so I have a 2010 Avalanche with onstar and bose. I wanted to keep onstar so the regular yellow wire was not a good option for me. So I scoured every closet and junk drawer I have looking for various wires ad molex connectors. I was close with a connector from an old computer harness but no cigar. Not wanting to force anything, i gave up.

Then i stripped the wire and fed the raw/exposed end of the wire through the back of the av connector to see if it would fit through the opening. IT DID. So I took it out and carefully fed the raw end of the wire into the connector the same way you would place one of the pins. After a little twisting and turning, the wire came out of the back of the connector. I did a dry fit and the connector clicked right in place on the z130. Now i have not yet installed this as the ups truck has yet to arrive with my pac os-4 interface. Sidenote i have the freekin hottest ups girl driver ever. Ill be looking for her one day on a girls of ups calendar. anyway i digress, ill let you guys know this afternoon if this works. I plan to put a drop of hot glue on the wire to hold it in place.

Fingers crossed.

Well it worked fine. Everything went smoothly except for the UPS guy(the girl was off :-( ) was late. also it took me a while to figure out how to program the pac swi ps. everything is great with 2 issues.

my back up camera isnt working as of yet. I assume ill have to tap into a feed somewhere and splice in an rca. if anyone knows ho please share.

secondly i cant play video from my iphone like netflix. not sure what gives yet.

Well as things usually go... ok so i figured out that the pac-os4 actually does supply a video feed to the back up cam!!! you just have to move some pins, pretty easy stuff. New problems now are while trying to cram everything into the opening i must have messed up my bypass cause now i cant watch videos nor use the greyed out functions that i could earlier. And to boot the unit is still not in the dash far enough.. guess its cuttin time tomorrow.

Also i figured out why i couldnt watch pandora.. i have an iphone 3gs i can twatch you tube but not pandora

Ok today is a new day. New bypass method works perfect! Fixed the back up cam issue. Removed some plastic from behind radio and now everything fits nice and tidy. The unit sits nice and flush the screen opens and closes with no rubbing! I'll put up some pics later. I'm just so glad it's done. Oh and also with my 2010 avalanche and the PAC os-4 I didn't have to use the weird sounding replacement chime module. My stock chimes still function. I still have onstar and I can still use the factory Bluetooth to make calls I I want to. I still have control of the factory xm tuner however my subscription is up and with pandora who needs it. Steering wheel control all work. Still trying to get Netflix from my 3GS. No luck yet.