AVIC411.com

F900bt "auto" mute problem

I just got a car with a Avic-f900bt installed. I updated the firmware to 2.009, from the Pioneer website. No hacks or alterations are on the unit (yet). the problem Im having is that every minute or so the mute flicks on for a second. It does that the whole time and its driving me insane. Ive tried more or less all of the settings but no succes. It does it with both USB, SD and normal radio. Ive also loaded factory defaults again and that also doesnt solve it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeroen

well if your unit is not bypassed yet, then your mute wire is in the original position, if your unit has pinched the mute wire at the back of the radio, then the system will mute. if it is barely pinched through, then the movement from the car could cause the system to randomly mute on and off. i would pull to inspect it, while your there, do the hardware bypass, and see if the problem goes away.