AVIC411.com

Capture Rear View Camera To File

Is there a way to capture rear view camera and save it to file? I'd really love to have that ability.

I will also have an iPhone connected to the unit, and if its possible to capture directly into iPhone that would be awesome.

Also, the rear camera gets activated automatically when shifting to reverse gear, right? However, is there a way

to switch to rear view while driving forward?

I've got X930BT head unit with Boyo VTL405 rear view camera. Installation is still pending.

No on the first two questions and yes on the third.

How would I turn on rear view when driving forward? Is there a special item in sources list?

Regarding 1st questions. There is a rear view monitor output right? Will the rear camera view get transmitted through that cable?

If yes i guess i might get some external a/v recorder...

Is there a way to capture rear view camera and save it to file? I'd really love to have that ability.

I will also have an iPhone connected to the unit, and if its possible to capture directly into iPhone that would be awesome.

Also, the rear camera gets activated automatically when shifting to reverse gear, right? However, is there a way

to switch to rear view while driving forward?

I've got X930BT head unit with Boyo VTL405 rear view camera. Installation is still pending.

You'll have to use some kind of switch to power up the camera... if you do make sure to diode isolate it from the backup wire or your reverse lights will come on also... (I have it hooked into my parking lights so I can see my jet ski trailer when loading or unloading... works great!)

You don't need a switch or to diode anything and if it is installed correctly per the install instructions it works just fine.

Are you familiar with this camera? Is there a change to have it installed incorrectly?

As far as I know it has just a RCA cable for audio out, and external power input cable.

the reason you dont need to have a switch to power the camera, is because you should have the camera powered up anytime the radio is on. this way you can just select rear view anytime you want no matter if you going forward or not.

too many people power the camera up directly from the reverse lights of the car, and this would cause the camera to only be powered up when the reverse lights are on(only when the car is in reverse) this can also have two big problems depending on the car, 1) if the car has a computer that tells you when the light bulbs are out, the camera could trick the computer to either tell you that the bulb is out when it is not, or not tell you the the bulb is burnt out when it actually is. 2) if the car has factory LED reverse bulbs, the car might not have enough current to power up the camera and the reverse bulbs and you could burn up a circuit in the car (probably not too likely but it is possible)

all camera are the same in how they work, there is a signal cable and power cables, you just need to have the camera powered up the right way for everything to function correctly.

the reason you dont need to have a switch to power the camera, is because you should have the camera powered up anytime the radio is on. this way you can just select rear view anytime you want no matter if you going forward or not.

too many people power the camera up directly from the reverse lights of the car, and this would cause the camera to only be powered up when the reverse lights are on(only when the car is in reverse) this can also have two big problems depending on the car, 1) if the car has a computer that tells you when the light bulbs are out, the camera could trick the computer to either tell you that the bulb is out when it is not, or not tell you the the bulb is burnt out when it actually is. 2) if the car has factory LED reverse bulbs, the car might not have enough current to power up the camera and the reverse bulbs and you could burn up a circuit in the car (probably not too likely but it is possible)

all camera are the same in how they work, there is a signal cable and power cables, you just need to have the camera powered up the right way for everything to function correctly.

Yeah, now I understand. Thank you for clarification.

Will tell the installer to not to connect camera to reverse tail lights.