AVIC411.com

AVIC x930-bt fade question..

Running an AVIC x930-BT through a Shelby kicker 4.1 amp in my Mustang. The problem I'm experiencing is with fade. While my front speakers are beautifully amplified, I can hardly hear my rears at all.. (need a fade setting of 6-8/15 for any sound) and even faded they don't have the amplification that the fronts do. The instillation was all plug and play (this system has 2 door woofers and a trunk self-amplified woofer as well).

Anyone else having amplified or non discrepencies between front and rear with their HU output? Thanks to all that reply, enjoying the unit otherwise!

• 1 month later...

I just put my 930bt into mt 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 with the factory Infinity sound system. it shuts down the front speakers randomly and fades them to the rear. Best Buy states the fade issue is a problem with the digital interface in the stock amplifier. They want to bypass my amp to see if that fixes my fade problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Best Buy states the fade issue is a problem with the digital interface in the stock amplifier.

its more like the problem is with the interface module that integrates the AVIC with the digital amps, the new Chrysler amp system just has one channel of inputs but then get its fade from a digital signal that the factory radio sends out, these integration modules just plain out suck, some times they work flawlessly and other times they barley function at all. i have experienced issues with all of the different brands, so im not sure what the best option is for getting it to work right is.

They want to bypass my amp to see if that fixes my fade problem.

this will work, BUT if the truck has more than four speakers, then the avic will not be able to drive them all with out some kind of external amp. (front components on the same channels do not count)