AVIC411.com

Remote Start causes x920bt to not turn on

I ran into a problem upon install of the Avic x920bt install. Figured out after many times of the radio not working that whenever I use the remote start on my 2007 tahoe that it causes the radio to not turn on when the ignition is on. I have to take the trim and everything off and unclip the Axxess harness from the factory harness and then clip it back in and then everything works fine again until I use the remote start again. As long as I don't use the remote start the stereo works great. Any ideas out there on why this would happen? I want to be able to use the remote start on the tahoe but at this point I am getting tired of having to rip everything apart everytime I use the remote start. Thanks for the help in advance.

so if you remote start the car, the radio wont turn on, BUT if you shut off the car and start it with the key, it still wont turn on and you have to disassemble it to reset the module. is this correct?

if this is correct, the only thing that i can think of that could cause it would be a communication issue on the Can-bus between the radios can module (Axxess harness)and the bypass module for the remote start (the module that allows the car to start with out a key being in the car)

if this is the case there is nothing that you can do to change it. maybe try a different brand radio interface. you could also try to run a new ACC wire to the radio (red wire), but it is hard to find a good source in newer GM cars. for most GM's with four door, there is a heavier gauge yellow wire(probably about 16-14 awg) running down the sides of the car going in to the rear doors for the power windows.

disclaimer* always test wires with a DMM*

also if you have the bose system, then this wont work as the module need to be functional to integrate the factory amp into the system