AVIC411.com

Changing from IGO 8 to 8.3

I have had my European F900BT for a couple of years, and hacked into it soon after purchasing using a mod by Stanislavovich from 4PDA with great assistance from Boris and others, and a few tweaks from me.

I was very satisfied with it, indeed I still am, but face a problem in that I seem to be unable to update maps as I did not upgrade to version 3 and therefore need IGO8 rather than IGO8.3 maps.

I am therefore exploring the possibility of upgrading to version 3 and then using one of the many version 3 mods that appear to be available on this site, and IGO8.3 maps.

My unit currently shows map version 1.0006000 and version 2.005000.

However, it would seem that the original version 3 SD card is no longer available, but the pioneer site has three upgrade files available for download:

CNSD-300FM

CNSD-200FM

CNSD-100FM

These imply that the IGO8.3 maps can be used and therefore that by doing these three upgrades, one after the other, I will have installed version 3 and be able to use the IGO8.3 maps.

This seems much simpler that the version 3 installation method suggested on this forum and therefore guess that perhaps I have got it wrong!

Is there anyone out there who could put me right?

Thanks

Colin

Hi Colin,

Read the pioneer instructions carefully. These will not enable you to upgrade to V.3.

You can either do the method outlined on this site, which is a lot easier than it sounds. Or you can shell out £130 for the official update which will include the latest maps and every other firmware update.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Colin,

Read the pioneer instructions carefully. These will not enable you to upgrade to V.3.

You can either do the method outlined on this site, which is a lot easier than it sounds. Or you can shell out £130 for the official update which will include the latest maps and every other firmware update.

If I use the official Pioneer SD card do you, or anyone else, know whether the mods made previously will interfere with the Pioneer upgrade.

Thanks

Colin