AVIC411.com

x920 install advice 97 dodge one ton cummins

Hi to all this is my first post. I have been lurking and reading a lot of posts and made that big buy, I just purchased a new x920 ,new boyo licens plate camera, used JBL GTQ200 AMP, used PAIR OF 6x9 JBL T903 3 way speakers and a pair of 6 inch infinity kappa coaxial speakers. My 97 dodge truck has a one and half din space so i need to do some cutting.I am planing to use the space above the radio has a drink holder and overdrive switch and driving lights switch. The drink holder is a poor design, that is going to the curb and I will move the swiches. Planing on filling space with fiberglass panel and cutting it to double din size. The next step ? This is were I need help, do i need a cage for 920 to slide into or does radio come with one, some sort of plug and play harness that will fit my dodge. I was planing on running rc cable to the amp and buying sum sort of amp speaker cable to run back to factory wiring harness. I need to know if I am on the right track and any help with a shoping list.

i just put a AVH mobile video system(same double din size as an avic) in a friends jeep cherokee (uses same 1.5 din factory radio)

i used the double din mounting kit that you have to order, we just cut the hell out of the hole, until the cage would fit nice and tight. and then used glass to fill the sides where the factory radio was wider. fit pretty good after a lot of sanding, body filler, more sanding, and a few coats of black from a rattle can(also had to cut the hell out of the subdash to make room for everything)

and yes, all of pioneers double din radios will fit, because they are all the exact same size.