AVIC411.com

Was Pionner prevented from using the previous Ipod interface on the 930BT?

After having my 930 for about 6 weeks now i just cant get over the layout of the Ipod setup. It is a major step back IMO from the 910 that i was on before. I cant tell you how many times i have almost gotten in an accident just trying to scroll through artist because its all "scrolling" now. Before you could just hit the down or up arrow and it would take you to the next page of artist listings. When scrolling it is very cumbersome type of system where you actually have to pay attention and actually watch the entire time say if you want to go from "A" to "O" artist.

The same goes for all the other options like where the playlist selection is, everything should be tabbed as it was on the top of the screen before for easy access. You should not have to go through 3-4 different screens to get to where you could before in 1 or 2. I know Pioneer was prevented from using the pin connector for transmitting music so i figured maybe apple went farther and prevented pioneer from "duplicating" what there ipod function looks like(the scroll wheel that is on the actual ipods)

All in all it just seems like Pioneer threw the interface together really quick and did not care, the speed of the system 10x better than the 910, but if i could go back i probably would but its to late for all that now.

On a side note, i know a lot of you don't like the new navigation part of it, I love it, but how in the hell did this unit end up with a ton more missing streets and stuff from the 910 i bought 2yrs ago! I cant believe the amount of missing streets in big cities that should be there hands down..

• 2 weeks later...