AVIC411.com

Reverse Camera Issue on f7010bt

Hi everyone, im new to the site and i just got a reverse camera hooked up with a f7010bt this noon. it tapped into the passenger side of reverse lamp wire.

my problem is, the reverse img does not turn on automatically when i shift to Reverse. i have to click Rear view camera button manually to see the img.

and another question is that is there any mod i can put in to the unit to get a line of measurements on reverse img since the only reason i put a reverse cam is for my GF who is a new driver and does not feel comfortable on reversing.

any answer or suggestions will be appreciated ~~

<3

well this wire that you tapped the AVIC's reverse wire into, did it test for voltage (or ground)when and only when the car is shifted into reverse?

have you turned on the settings in the menu.

and as for the lines, unless they can be adjusted to the width of the car, they are useless. if some one is relying on the lines, and they are not to the right specifications, someone is going to end up with a jacked up bumper, the camera should only be used as an aid, and can not compensate for inexperience, i would tell her to learn to back up the way people have for over 100 years first, other wise she wont watch her side mirrors and she will hit something because of it.