AVIC411.com

D3 Routing "as the crow flies"

Just wondering if there's a way to have the system calculate the distance for a destination by using the route and not in a straight line from your current position. I just put in a destination that Mapquest shows as 1050KM and the D3 gives the same route as 660KM and has the straight red line to the destination.

I am pretty sure it estimats distance based on the route. It shows the red line for a reference purpose to where the destination is. When you entered the destination in your D3, did you start driving yet or where you just parked? Once you get moving on a road it usually updates time and distance. Or maybe it just picked a faster route.

I am pretty sure it estimats distance based on the route. It shows the red line for a reference purpose to where the destination is. When you entered the destination in your D3, did you start driving yet or where you just parked? Once you get moving on a road it usually updates time and distance. Or maybe it just picked a faster route.

Thank You, I was parked in the driveway when I entered the destination and yesterday when I hit the road it updated time and distance.