AVIC411.com

Firmware 3.001 Problems updating

I recently upgraded my Z120 (originally Z110) to Z130 with no issues at all.

Then I saw on Pioneer's webpage that a firmware upgrade was available, so I downloaded it to an SD card (512MB) but when I loaded it into my unit nothing happens. I already checked that the version on my unit is 03.0000 and yes, I did decompress the .exe file and put it on the SD card with nothing else on it. I did not re-name the folder or things like that, just followed the instructions but it looks like the update does not work.

I remember when I upgraded from 2.000 to 2.003 that the file Pioneer posted was somewhat damaged or something was missing, and they fixed it a few weeks later by posting the correct one.

I wonder if anyone else has the same issue updating the firmware.

I opened a new topic with (I think) the right title, so any help would be appreciated.

I recently upgraded my Z120 (originally Z110) to Z130 with no issues at all.

Then I saw on Pioneer's webpage that a firmware upgrade was available, so I downloaded it to an SD card (512MB) but when I loaded it into my unit nothing happens. I already checked that the version on my unit is 03.0000 and yes, I did decompress the .exe file and put it on the SD card with nothing else on it. I did not re-name the folder or things like that, just followed the instructions but it looks like the update does not work.

I remember when I upgraded from 2.000 to 2.003 that the file Pioneer posted was somewhat damaged or something was missing, and they fixed it a few weeks later by posting the correct one.

I wonder if anyone else has the same issue updating the firmware.

I opened a new topic with (I think) the right title, so any help would be appreciated.

Don't know if you are doing what I was doing or not but when you go to the SERVICE INFORMATION screen be sure to press and hold the little icon in the upper left of the screen for a few seconds. The Application Version is the one that you are looking for. I think it's kinda silly not to show that with the main Version number. But that is what I was doing wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

Same problem reported by others. Reformatted SD card and reloaded multiple times, following instructions on website carefully, but unit can't recognize files on SD card. Finally called Customer Support, which offered to send a preloaded SD card free. It sent to the wrong address, so I'm still waiting. Meanwhile, system only reads a random handful of music loaded on a different SD card. The design problems of this unit are almost certainly beyond a firmware upgrade anyway. I made an expensive mistake buying a Z130BT. Don't you love the high-pitched scream from a wave file somewhere in that firmware folder?