AVIC411.com

Sent to Pioneer now won't bypass

I had to send my Avic-F90BT to Pioneer when it locked up. I assume they reloaded the software in the unit.

Anyways before it messed up I had it re-pinned to bypass. Now it won't let me bypass it anymore. I am mostly concerned because it keeps giving me the annoying error message saying it's hooked up incorrectly. How can I bypass it now so I don't get this error message?

I also now can't pair my phone with the Avic. Any ideas?

Thanks

What they did has nothing to do with the 2 wire bypass. Uninstalling the unit likely caused the issue with one of the wires. You want to troubleshoot there.

Are you a 100% sure because I didn't change any of the wiring all I did was unplug the radio and send it off. When I got it back and noticed it didn't bypass I tried unhooking the wires and hooking them back and made sure they have good connections but still no difference.

I spoke to Pioneer and of course they just said they can tell if I had it bypassed and adjust it. And then of course they remind me it's illegal and to hook it up to the park brake, Blah! Haha

Do you know of anyone that will do the map updates and mods for me if I paid them and shipped my unit to them?

They will always tell you that they can tell but you are the first to report having this problem or at least there is no consistent report of people having this problem after sending their units off. I still say something is up with the wiring. That is certainly something I have seen many times after uninstalling a unit. Good luck to you however.

They will always tell you that they can tell but you are the first to report having this problem or at least there is no consistent report of people having this problem after sending their units off. I still say something is up with the wiring. That is certainly something I have seen many times after uninstalling a unit. Good luck to you however.

I appreciate it. I will go back through everything again and see if I can figure it out. I just figured when they fixed it that they changed something in the software that wouldn't let the hard bypass anymore. I'll let ya know what I come up with when I pull it back out.

I appreciate it. I will go back through everything again and see if I can figure it out. I just figured when they fixed it that they changed something in the software that wouldn't let the hard bypass anymore. I'll let ya know what I come up with when I pull it back out.

3+ years on this forum and no one has EVER had a unit come back that was unable to be bypassed by the normal means, quadruple check your wiring, something got jostled, best bet? the relocated mute wire.

I am mostly concerned because it keeps giving me the annoying error message saying it's hooked up incorrectly....Any ideas?

you only get that message, if the mute wire part of the bypass is not done correctly. thats where you need look to figure it out, make sure that they didnt put the mute wire back to the original location, or that the pin in the connector didnt get bent, or the the moved mute wire is inserted back into the harness correctly.

but when I drive above 10-15 mph I got message that viewing at front probhited

then you did the bypass wrong, go back and triple check everything again, also make sure you followed the correct instructions, as different AVIC models have different instructions

when the bypass is done correctly, the video shows all the time, it really is that simple.