AVIC411.com

So, I got a backup camera for my truck and was trying to install it tonight and got stuck when I tried to wire it up to my head unit. The problem I am having is figuring out what wire coming out of the head unit is the wire that triggers it to turn onto the camera when I shift into reverse. When it was installed, they removed the tag (if it had one) that told which was the reverse wire. Every search on google I try always tells what wire it needs to get hooked up to, not what wire it is. The only place I did see mention of a wire coming from the head unit was a violet and white wire, which mine doesn't have... Please help!

Is it on the main power harness or the AV harness? I have a purple wire on the power harness, but it is connected to the radio harness and comes out as an orange w/ red wire. I also have a purple w/ black wire? Also, my install manual is in Houston and I'm in Austin right now. Do you know of an online version? I've only found the user manual.

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

Not sure why it wasn't there in the first place...

because your installer either yanked it out, or used the wrong harness. i really not a fan of either option!

also for the record, the solid violet wire is positive right rear audio out, and the violet/black is negative.