AVIC411.com

Whats up guys.. I have the same problem with the Z1 reading NOK and hardware problems. Installed it 2 days ago brand new. It worked fine for a day then started to freeze up everytime I turn off the unit. It would be in the same location that I stopped last. I drove to my friends house yesterday and it turned on the way there out of no where! It started to work again but then it stopped again when I was ready to leave. lol. This is annoying, anyone else have an idea of whats up?

YEar/make/model will help. How were the wire connections made? Solder and tape, butt connectors etc.

Sorry. :D 2006 Nissan 350z no bose. b. connects. Gps antenna is in the top middle of the dash, right near the windshield. I’ve read on some 350z installs, the antenna is on the rear strut bar. Im going back to my friends shop this week to see if moving the antenna back there would help, maybe see if any wires are pinched or connects that are maybe loose. If that doesn’t work then the place where I bought said they will exchange it for another one. How would you know if you get a refurbished item?

well, if they put it in for you, then you probably wont know. if you watch them take it out of the box, then well... you would know... also the manufacture date could be a kinda indication, but not definitive.

Its a friends shop, so I dont think he would sell me an old unit. (hopefully)

This one I have that is acting up manf. in Dec 2006 & its already crapping out.