AVIC411.com

I updated to iOS5... before I did this, I was able to have MotionX running with audio and click on the top bottom on the iPhone to turn off the iPhone display with the AppRadio display staying on. Now the display on the AppRadio goes dark.

I'm getting the iPhone 4s tomorrow and will give it a try as soon as possible but I do wish even now that the display would keep the map when I turn off the display on the iPhone.

I have searched setting on the iPhone as well as on the AppRadio to see if I can keep this from happening...

Anyone have a solution?

Thanks,

JC

I noticed the same. I also notice that when running GPS Drive and you click the home button on the app radio it goes back to the app radio app and then the app radio app crashes. Would be nice if this was fully working and nothing crashed. Come to think of it, this should be the default behavior of all apps minus the crash.

The motionX app updated recently too. I wonder if it's on their end and not iOS 5? Either way, I noticed yesterday that mine is doing the same things you described after the updates.

I wrote MotionX and they replied: I had asked them about being able to view current speed as well as the auto-lock issue:

"Thank you for contacting the MotionX team, sounds like a great trip. A few other users have asked to view the current speed on the maps, the team is considering adding this feature in a future update.

Also, I will talk to them team about keeping the App Radio screen on after auto-lock is engaged. Perhaps this is a feature we can include in a future update. Thank you for your feedback."