AVIC411.com

Okay, so I've had a D3 for several years and absolutely love it but I've never used voice control in the past.

I just upgraded to the iPhone 4S and with the improved voice control functions I would like to use this. Every time I try and give a voice command the phone doesn't hear anything. The microphone doesn't register any input on the phone. When I activate voice command, the phone switches the source to the Bluetooth phone source but nothing registers.

Is this a hardware limitation or is there possibly something wrong with my bluetooth unit? I've had some issues with the unit in recent months, people can't hear me talking randomly (I can hear them, phone connects fine, they just can't hear me) I was wondering if this could be related.

So, any D3 users successfully using Siri, voice-text or voice commands and their iPhone with their D3 and the bluetooth adapter?

Thanks for your help!!

• 1 month later...

Did you get anywhere on this? I have and AVIC-D3 in my 06 F150 and have for many years with no porblems. It has worked bluethooth with other cellphones, my iPhone 3G, my wife's iPhone 4, but now that i have my iPhone 4S I'm having issues. It works great to bluetooth the music, but doesn't work at all for calls? If I'm getting an inbound call the mode and screen will change, but when I answer it I can't hear them and they can't hear me - I end up having to switch to speaker phone on my iPhone. It worked a couple times when I first got the new phone, but as soon as I tried to use Siri it stopped? Thanks for any help that you can give - Erik