AVIC411.com

What unit would you recommend buying today 10/27/2011

Hello experts,

I have a budget of $600 and i'm trying to see what is the best in-dash GPS unit to buy. I have decided on Pioneer, however, i'm not sure what unit would be the best bank for the buck. The below are pretty much priced the same F900BT, X910BT, X920BT and X930BT.

Reading through the forums and websites I have learned that X930BT does not come with voice command. Also F900BT can be modded to function like X910BT.

In terms of speed, ability to mod, ease of use etc. which one of the 4 would you recommend a newbie to buy?

I'd like to be an informed customer rather than go by the brand name.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In my own opinion, if I had it to do over again, I would avoid Pioneer. Mine has been the buggiest head unit I've ever had. Pioneer refuses to provide timely map updates which I count on for business. I've applied mods to the unit just to help myself feel better for buying one but I'm still very disappointed in it. To properly support their product and keep customers happy, map updates should be available once a year for a minimum of 6. My wife's factory unit in her car we bought in 2006 still has updates available every year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

there was a post that one of the mod deleted, this guy basically was replying to tons of threads, and no matter what the thread topic was, he was posting links to a websight to buy stuff from as his advice for the question asked. it got old quick, looks like his post where also deleted from all his other post.

sorry for looking like a jackass.