AVIC411.com

I need as much help as possible to update my AVIC F90BT

I found a seller on Ebay who purchased the 3.0 software update directly from Pioneer which supplied him with a 2 SD card update. He is selling the update SD cards with the AVIC F90BT unit all together. I messaged him asking if he would sell the SD card updates so I could update my navigation. He offered to transfer the files onto a DVD drive and mail to me because he is unsure whether or not the SD card update would be transferrable or not for my unit. He told me there there was a product ID he had to send in when he purchased the update from Pioneer and they sent him a password code to use. He is supplying me the code, however he does not know if it will work out or not.

Anyways, what I am asking is for any all help that I can get to successfully transfer the uploaded files on DVD back to my SD card and get them to transfer/update to my unit. I have no experience doing this and I am a more observational learner than a explanational learner...if that makes sense. (You can tell me how to drive to a store...left, right, left, left, right...and I will glaze over after second direction...but if I follow you I will forever remember how to travel that route).

If possible, it would be nice to find somebody around the Pennsylvania area that would be willing to meet up and help/do the install for me...plus maybe give me some insight on what other things I could do.

So, please please please help me out! I have a week or two until I get the DVD in the mail, so hopefully by that time I will have some good leads/help lined up.

Thanks again!!!

Hi, not 100% but I am pretty sure that it won't work as you have to use the actual unit's product ID (serial number) to generate a key to unlock the the installation. Seems to me that Ioneer will cross reference the ID's input to their system to generate the key and won't unlock the same software to 2 different units. Hope I'm wrong