AVIC411.com

I just bought an AppRadio and installed in my new car. It worked fine initially, then later that night after I left a restaurant, the system did not boot up all the way. It displayed the Pioneer logo, then the first frame of the starburst effect that it does when booting up. That frame held there for like 10 seconds and then faded out and went back to the Pioneer logo and repeated the process.

I tried pressing the reset button to no effect. I disconnected the battery from my car to completely reboot the thing, no effect. I went to a friends house and hung out for about 4 hours or so and when I started it back up, it worked fine. Went home and in the morning it was still fine. I went to my first appointment and when I was leaving, the system would not boot. Tried reset button and battery disconnect again, still no effect.

The only thing that seems to let the system boot fully is if it rests for several hours (3-4 or so...). I drive constantly for my job and rarely leave the car sitting for more than an hour or so (except at night when I'm off work), so after my first appointment, the entire system is useless (no radio, no iphone charging, nothing at all).

Has anybody else experienced this issue, if so, what fixed it? Did I just get a bad unit? I have already contacted crutchfield and requested a replacement unit, but want to see if others are having similar issues.

• 4 months later...