AVIC411.com

need help getting my speakers to work with x930bt

I installed my x930bt yesterday and now my front speakers sound awful and my rears sound like they are 10 feet under water! I had a pioneer single din previously and it was great. The speakers run to an amp and the amp into the head unit. I left everything the same and I'm now experiencing this problem. If i try to make the fronts sound better there is so much bass I feel as though the speakers will blow and I have all the eq settings for bass at their lowest, I even tried tuning the amp some and still sounds like crap. Does this unit not work with an amp or do I have it wired incorrectly? I was told I have to bypass the amp today but I don't understand why with such a nice unit I would have to degrade my sound quality.

Thanks for any help!!! Also my dimming feature is not working. I searched for 2 hours yesterday and read about 10 different answers so I'm just wondering if there is a set solution for this? Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for any help!!! Also my dimming feature is not working. I searched for 2 hours yesterday and read about 10 different answers so I'm just wondering if there is a set solution for this?

is the illum wire hooked up to something that triggers when the lights are on? (has this been tested and verified?)