AVIC411.com

X930BT resetting itself every few days Help?

My x930BT is resetting itself every few days and I lose my radio presets. It's really annoying. Is anyone else having this problem? I have checked everything twice that the installer did and all seems right. Bumps dont affect the unit. It just does it on it's own. Unit has gone a week working fine and then just resets. My Bluetooth wont pair with my Samsung Galaxy phone, could this be a problem? The phone locks up when I try to connect it so I just quit trying to use it. This is one feature I really miss.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

It sounds like a poor or perhaps wrong connection somewhere, presumably in the ground or in the constant power line. What kind of vehicle, perhaps that might help. I'm wondering if there is anything that can stay alive for a few days, then lose power in a sort of sleep mode - these days the brains in a car do "thinking" for us that I would prefer they didn't.

I have the T-Mobile Galaxy S (Vibrant) and it works like a champ. I use steering wheel controls for volume, but not bluetooth - if you do that would be a connection to check.

Best of luck, intermittent problems are absolutely the worst to diagnose.

I seem to always be the guy that gets the electronics with the gremlins in them. How did you get your Galaxy to work? It absolutly will not work with mine. It locks the phone up after a few minutes of connections. I'm no dummy with this stuff either. I wander if the unit has a problem? I bought it used on Ebay. Maybe this is why... Hmmm,

Anything special about getting your phone to connect?