AVIC411.com

Installation: VW 09 CC - AVIC X930BT - No Power (pics incl)

Hey guys, being bothered by my install of the AVIC X930BT in my 2009 VW CC. The issue is that once its connected I no power. Regardless of whether the car is running or not. I don't consider myself a newbie but i'm certainly not a vet. Let me get to the details.

This is what I bought:

- METRA 99-9011 DOUBLE DIN DASH KIT

- AXXESS XSVI-9003-NAV

- METRA 40-EU55 ANTENNA ADAPTER

- Metra Axxess ASWC

Because the XSVI-9003-NAV was pre-wired for the ASWC, It made connecting the harnesses pretty straight forward. The following pictures of how i connected the harness. I tried to get every wire explained.

https://plus.google.com/photos/109733003683030993571/albums/5677826897605021809?authkey=COr88uTkhK-_Vg

https://plus.google.com/photos/109733003683030993571/albums/5677830142862764241?authkey=CICT3tjElYO4qAE

https://plus.google.com/photos/109733003683030993571/albums/5677830214685415521?authkey=CLPQ4rbykMuVUA

Everything looked good so i went ahead and disconnected the battery on teh car, took out the stock radio and plugged the power harness and the rca connector into the HU. Made sure the airbag connection was made before connecting the battery And connected the battery only to find out the HU had NO power regardless of the car being turned on or not.

Time for the Multimeter. First started with just the harness, hoping there was a bad connection. Because my issue is power, i only need to test for the 12v wire and the ground. I had a connection through the harness so the harness was fine. So i plugged the harness into the factory harness to see if i was getting 12 volts. Sure enough, i got 12 volts at the end of the harness. So what could my problem be? Besides a fried HU of course.

Pictures should work but let me know if you can't see them. I have comments on each picture explaining what it is.

Thanks in advance for your help guys. Would love to get this figured out or at least something to try once i get home from work.

-Doug

• 3 weeks later...

well you also need to test to make sure the avic is getting ACC power (red wire) this is what tells the radio when to turn on, if there is 12v at the AVIC harness then the problem is with the radio, if there is no power on the red wire then there may be a problem with the module in the harness

I found the problem. While everything looked good on the outside, it wasn't good on the inside. The yellow power wire that goes into the CAN came all the way out when i tugged on it. I ended up opening it up and soldering the wire in place. Device works good now except for a couple problems which i'll post with a new topic.

1) Volume randomly gets turned down. No it's not due to a phone call or GPS. It's weird.

2) Steering wheel controls don't work at all. The right side that controls the MFD does but not teh left side that should control the HU. I got the ASWC. I haven't fiddled with this enough to start a topic on it yet.

Thanks Guys.