AVIC411.com

Need help attempting Z110BT Modification

i just picked up an 05 Audi A6 and im not impressed with the factory radio. the factory bluetooth sucks, theres a screen but no nav, it comes with xm, and i have my account with sirius, and most important, there no ipod hookup, not even an aux input. so im on a mission to install my Z110BT, unfortunately the way my car is set up they make it next to impossible to install any kind of radio. That being said ive come up with a few different ideas on how im gonna install my nav. im gonna replace the factory screen with my z110. the problem ive run into is that there is no depth behind the factory screen, so my plan is to mount the Z110 screen in the factory location, and relocate the radio chassis and the factory screen in my glove box. in order to do that, i would have to extend the ribbon cable that connects the screen to the rest of the radio. the question i have is, does anyone know where i can get my hands on some kind of 40 pin ribbon cable extension for this thing? thats the only thing thats got me stuck, the rest will just fall into place if i could just get my hands on a ribbon cable extension, then i could finally be reunited with my old nav. thanks for taking your time to read this, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...