AVIC411.com

X920BT iPod Source Button Icon is Now....THE CONNECTOR????

Okay...my buddy upgraded his X920BT to the new "2011" (haha) map software and firmware upgrade.

Pioneer changed the icon in the AV source selection screen for the iPod to a picture of an iPod connector on the end of the cable instead of an actual iPod itself.

Umm...WTF? Seriously....WTF? Do Pioneer's engineers think for users will be familiar with a picture of the CONNECTOR than an actual iPod???

I'm constantly at a loss to understand the head-scratchingly bizarre decisions Pioneer continually makes. I know this is a very trivial example, but it stands out as one of the less explicable choices....

WTF? Do Pioneer's engineers think for users will be familiar with a picture of the CONNECTOR than an actual iPod???

well i would hope that everyone with an iPhone or iPod does know what a 30 pin dock connector looks like.

if it makes you feel any better, my F-series has an icon of an old ass ipod that hasn't been made in a long while.

if you think about it, there are many many different looking iPods out there, but the dock connector has always looked the same.