AVIC411.com

920bt stolen tonight! :(

The wife and I went out for a little New Years Eve celebration only to return to this! The car was locked and in a 'paid' parking lot, though no attendant was on duty. I am so pissed 2012 started out like this!

Dec2011_NewYearsXterra034.jpg

I have 2 questions at the moment....

1) I had the security code set- will this make the unit useless for the asshat that stole it? (I pray!)

2) Should I go for another 920, the new 930, the Z130 or wait for the next gen units to arrive (anyone know what time of year the new models are announced?)?

While not perfect, I really loved my X920. It worked amazingly well with my iPhone 4 and once i did the bypass I had zero complaints. Are the 930's any better? TIA

Cheers and Happy New Year all!

Good on ya for setting the security code, Rocky! That will indeed get the a s s hole in trouble when he sells it for $200 to one of his druggie friends and then they find out it's unusable without the security password, which the seller won't have! Good reminder to all of us to use that feature! Best of luck in replacing it and in repairing the damage they did to that dash.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Insurance is picking up the tab after the deductible which is cool. Spoke to the installer at Car Toys and he confirmed that without the security code the new 'owner' is screwed :) I wish I had a sticker on it saying that the radio would be useless BEFORE they ripped my dashboard apart. Some of the HVAC controls are jacked, along with the hazard switch that no longer works. What a mess...

So I can't wait until May obviously, seeing how I already went to use my backup cam and turn on the tunes like 20 times today only to realize 'doh!' I no longer have a stereo :(... On the bright side I am having a 930 installed this week along with a Clifford alarm etc. So maybe that will help keep it safer this time. Can't wait!

Now I have to read up on how to bypass the 930 ...hehe.

Cheers!