AVIC411.com

x930bt and external drive

Is it possible to connect an external hdd to the usb 3.55mm port? And what is the format for videos playable. I know there have been a lot of problems and questions about this. I would like to put my entire music library and video library on a 1tb external hdd but before i buy one i want to know if it will work.

I've got a 32GB LX series Patriot MicroSD card. Works great and blazing fast (class 10 rating way over 10MB/s)... problem is the deck is limited to 2500 files and 300 folders. If I put more it'll work great but anything beyond 2500/300 just doesn't show up.

RayzeR you could try formating your drive to FAT32 or FAT16 and see if it works but you'd still have the same 2500 files 300 folder limit.

Is it possible to connect an external hdd to the usb 3.55mm port? And what is the format for videos playable. I know there have been a lot of problems and questions about this. I would like to put my entire music library and video library on a 1tb external hdd but before i buy one i want to know if it will work.

For video format I've been using handbrake to put video to the following format

640x480 - 800kbps avg bit rate MPEG4 - 128 aac dolby pro II - very important MPEG4 as it's the deck is much more effiecent with it instead of h.264