AVIC411.com

X930 install troubleshooting

Hello all

I purchased a X390-BT for my Mercedes ML320. I installed it and after about 3 hours of 'fitting' it was in and worked perfectly. I also did the video by-pass and all worked perfect. About 2 weeks ago I decided to add 2 amps and a sub to my car, so I pulled the radio, unplugged everything, installed 3 RCA cables (front, rear, sub), tapped the 'remote power lead' from the X930 wiring harness, and plugged everything back in. Unfortunately all is not well now. I have 3 distinct problems now.

1. My Video By-pass does not bypass anymore. I get a screen that says my parking brake wire is not attached correctly and I can not watch video or adjust my Navi while the car is in motion.
  2. I have a faint 'feedback' sound now that I can hear at low volumes, but can't pinpoint exactly where it is coming from. It is from the stereo system, because it does not feedback until the system boots up.
  3. Rear-view Camera will not automatically turn on when I place the transmission in reverse. I tested the camera with a small TV and it works when I place the car in reverse. I tapped the back up light for power.

I placed my amps under my front seats, which only ended up being about a 6 foot run for the RCA wires. the smallest RCA cables I could find were 12 footers. Would my feedback I am getting be coming from the excess wires that are neatly wrapped together in a loop and tucked under my center console? I am not really getting any road noise where I hear a whine when I press the accelerator pedal. My main power cable is run close to the RCA's, but i'd say that it is at least a foot apart. the whole feedback thing is something that I have never come across before. I can't say if its technically road noise or not. Anybody out there have any tips or pointers? They would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,

KYJ

I'll take a shot.

1. I found the female portion of the pin had spread some for me. I had to pull the pin back out, gently squeeze it a bit tighter and reinstall.

2. Possibly some data signal in the vehicle. In a previous car I had OEM wiring running down both front door channels. Noise (but not alternator whine) running down driver's door, no noise running down passenger side door.

3. Really NO clue. I don't use it as my vehicle had it already built in. But did any signal power or ground wires differ from TV test to 930 test (other than leads to TV vice same leads to 930)? Just something to think about.

I'll take a shot. 1. I found the female portion of the pin had spread some for me. I had to pull the pin back out, gently squeeze it a bit tighter and reinstall. 2. Possibly some data signal in the vehicle. In a previous car I had OEM wiring running down both front door channels. Noise (but not alternator whine) running down driver's door, no noise running down passenger side door. 3. Really NO clue. I don't use it as my vehicle had it already built in. But did any signal power or ground wires differ from TV test to 930 test (other than leads to TV vice same leads to 930)? Just something to think about.

3. No, i actually put a TV inside my car with the door open then placed the car in reverse.

I'll check out the first 2 responses. There was a Motorola phone (factory installed) that I pulled out of the car so I could install the new amps, wonder if that would cause my feedback? I am not sure if it is wired in directly to the speakers...