AVIC411.com

Hi there,

I have a AVIC-F900BT which was installed prior to the purchase of my car a few years ago. Everything to do with the Avic has been by-the-book according to Pioneer Australia (never had a prob, was running latest "au" version which was like 2.3 or something maybe? I can't remember, Pioneer are pretty lax with the AU support/releases), and never knew i could hack/mod/tweak or do anything with the deivce - frankly wasn't too fussed as I only used it as an entertainment device, not a GPS unit.

Anyway recently the reboot issue started (which i've discovered since stumbling on this forum, is pretty common). I have no idea why it started, or how, but it would basically not get past the pioneer splash screen (the image of which I changed a long time ago using the pioneer software). The splash screen shows up, it looks like it's just about to load into the menu, but reboots - and just continues indefinitely.

Not knowing what to do I googled (I'm an IT guy) and discovered I could get into the device and delete some rogue files (the 4 GPS ones that are temp?) - of course to do this i needed to get an SD card with the right testmode/images, which i was unsure of, and didn't have an original Pioneer SD backup (if you're even supposed to get one?) so in the end i just decided to go with the 3.0 upgrade as per this forum and cross my fingers. I followed all the steps, and it booted! I thought great! but I noted the "system startup in progress, please wait" banner didn't disappear. Thinking it had locked up, i pressed the screen, and it was active. I could go to audio source, choose radio and the radio would play - for about 1 minute, then it would reboot - and this has continued ever since. If i press map or go to any Nav area, the "system startup" msg is still present, but the unit basically registers a touch by making the "ding" sound, but will do nothing else and i have to reset. If i leave the unit to boot and do nothing, it'll reset after about 1-1.5 mins

When installing the 3.0 update, i had to remove the US map content, as the data was too big to fit onto the AU flash. I left a "basemap" file on there thinking that would assist, but i think this may be 50% of the problem. I remember when the unit was working properly that at about the time, or just after the time, it has detected my bluetooth phone (or loaded the map content?) is about when the system is now rebooting. So I think my problem is either:

a ) the missing AU map(s) is causing the system to break/reboot

b ) the bluetooth software/firmware is missing? or different? and that's causing the system to reboot.

Is there anyone that has an image they can provide, specifically of the AU model(s) that i can restore to, and at least get this thing working? I've been all over this forum and msg'd members and I can't get anywhere - i'm sure a number have had their problems solved and moved on - i've tried rolling back versions and upgrading higher and trying to add australian maps with different versions of igo etc - and creating this new topic is my last resort. Finding a copy of a factory image for an AU f900bt is about all i feel can help?

Appreciate any feedback/assistance you can provide (sorry the info is a little long winded, just wanted to let you know i have been trawling on here for ages and trying stuff but nothing is working because it's AU - not EU/US etc).

• 2 years later...

Hi there,

I have a AVIC-F900BT which was installed prior to the purchase of my car a few years ago. Everything to do with the Avic has been by-the-book according to Pioneer Australia (never had a prob, was running latest "au" version which was like 2.3 or something maybe? I can't remember, Pioneer are pretty lax with the AU support/releases), and never knew i could hack/mod/tweak or do anything with the deivce - frankly wasn't too fussed as I only used it as an entertainment device, not a GPS unit.

Anyway recently the reboot issue started (which i've discovered since stumbling on this forum, is pretty common). I have no idea why it started, or how, but it would basically not get past the pioneer splash screen (the image of which I changed a long time ago using the pioneer software). The splash screen shows up, it looks like it's just about to load into the menu, but reboots - and just continues indefinitely.

Not knowing what to do I googled (I'm an IT guy) and discovered I could get into the device and delete some rogue files (the 4 GPS ones that are temp?) - of course to do this i needed to get an SD card with the right testmode/images, which i was unsure of, and didn't have an original Pioneer SD backup (if you're even supposed to get one?) so in the end i just decided to go with the 3.0 upgrade as per this forum and cross my fingers. I followed all the steps, and it booted! I thought great! but I noted the "system startup in progress, please wait" banner didn't disappear. Thinking it had locked up, i pressed the screen, and it was active. I could go to audio source, choose radio and the radio would play - for about 1 minute, then it would reboot - and this has continued ever since. If i press map or go to any Nav area, the "system startup" msg is still present, but the unit basically registers a touch by making the "ding" sound, but will do nothing else and i have to reset. If i leave the unit to boot and do nothing, it'll reset after about 1-1.5 mins

When installing the 3.0 update, i had to remove the US map content, as the data was too big to fit onto the AU flash. I left a "basemap" file on there thinking that would assist, but i think this may be 50% of the problem. I remember when the unit was working properly that at about the time, or just after the time, it has detected my bluetooth phone (or loaded the map content?) is about when the system is now rebooting. So I think my problem is either:

a ) the missing AU map(s) is causing the system to break/reboot

b ) the bluetooth software/firmware is missing? or different? and that's causing the system to reboot.

Is there anyone that has an image they can provide, specifically of the AU model(s) that i can restore to, and at least get this thing working? I've been all over this forum and msg'd members and I can't get anywhere - i'm sure a number have had their problems solved and moved on - i've tried rolling back versions and upgrading higher and trying to add australian maps with different versions of igo etc - and creating this new topic is my last resort. Finding a copy of a factory image for an AU f900bt is about all i feel can help?

Appreciate any feedback/assistance you can provide (sorry the info is a little long winded, just wanted to let you know i have been trawling on here for ages and trying stuff but nothing is working because it's AU - not EU/US etc).

Hey man. Any luck with resolving this?