AVIC411.com

x930bt Video Bypass works SOMETIMES?

Hello everyone,

I recently installed the x930bt in my Honda fit (with the video bypass) and everything worked great for a couple of days. While driving I heard a "ding" and looked over at the unit and it said that an "improper connection with the e-brake was found" I hit "OK" and noticed that I could no longer change nav settings or put in a new destination while moving. When I rolled up to the next stop light - I was able to do all of the aformentioned tasks, but once I started rolling the features went away.

Next time I turned on the car I didn't have a problem until I hit a bump in the road and again I got the ding.

Here are how my wires are setup.

Main unit ground - to a bolt and nut I added to a hole in the metal of the dash

Mute wire/Parking brake/GEX20 (HD radio add-on) - all soldering into one and I ran the wire to a ring terminal and also grounded it to the same location as the main unit ground.

My thoughts

1. Could the mute pin be loose in the harness? I had a lot of trouble getting that pin out (despite following the instructions on the videos to a "T"). I took me literally 45minutes to get that pin out (I unlocked it from the side, put the staple in the small hole, and pulled the wire). I just kept retrying those steps and it eventually worked. I then had a little trouble putting the wire into the correct hole (it wouldn't move in all the way), but eventually I was able to work it in there, hear the "click" and then lock the harness back down.

2. A problem with my ground point - maybe I didn't tighten my nut and bolt enough? My only problem with this theory is that my unit never flickers (holds good power) and if I go to my connection status area - it says that my E-brake is grounded (all the time).

So maybe I damaged the pin (hence why I had trouble inserting it)?

Thanks for your help and time!

~B.

I had a problem when I first installed my x930 and I just needed to ensure that the white clip was fully seated into the unit.

It clicked in but wasn't making a the bypass connnection after a few bumps. Popped the unit out and seated the connector pushing on all the edges and never a problem again.

Thanks for the response.

So I guess the connector appeared like it was in, but it wasn't fully?

Did you have a similar problem (working sometimes and not other times)?

Thanks.

I had a problem when I first installed my x930 and I just needed to ensure that the white clip was fully seated into the unit.

It clicked in but wasn't making a the bypass connnection after a few bumps. Popped the unit out and seated the connector pushing on all the edges and never a problem again.

Yes on both counts... it was clicked in but I guess not enough. It worked 40/50% of the time for a day or two and then stopped working until I reseated the plug.

Thanks for the response.

So I guess the connector appeared like it was in, but it wasn't fully?

Did you have a similar problem (working sometimes and not other times)?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I fixed the problem. It actually was a problem with the pin. I decoded to pull the pin out to take a look at it, because everything else seemed fine and when I compared to a brand new one (that I ordered) mine was missing the tail at the top (which I assume holds it in place). I must have broken it when attempting to pull it out in the first place. I simply cut off the tip, stripped the mute wire and places the new pin on it. Then the bypass worked no problem (road tested it over several bumps).

Moral of the story: your pin can be damages even it clicks in. If you search for the thread "why not just add a wire for the bypass" you'll find a website where you can order new pins for the harness. I kinda wish I would have just done that from the beginning, instead of strugglin with the harness

Thanks!