AVIC411.com

bluetooth/caller id problem

I have the bluetooth installed and have transferred my entire phone book over to the avic. I am using a Palm Treo 700p. I have no problems at all using the Avic to choose a name with a phone number and call out. The problem comes when someone calls me. The AVIC displays the wrong phone number and name. It is as if it picks a name and phone number at random. Is there anyway to fix this problem?

You know what I have noticed on occasion, is that if I take or place a call and simply turn my phone off without clearing the last caller, the very next call will sometimes display on the caller ID as the previous caller.

That is with a Windows Mobile 5 phone (both PPC-6700 and Samsung IP-830w). What kind of phone are you using?

You know what I have noticed on occasion, is that if I take or place a call and simply turn my phone off without clearing the last caller, the very next call will sometimes display on the caller ID as the previous caller.

That is with a Windows Mobile 5 phone (both PPC-6700 and Samsung IP-830w). What kind of phone are you using?

That is not my problem. The previous caller is cleared. It is a Treo 700p. The phone recognizes the caller perfectly but not the AVIC.

• 2 months later...

I noticed I have this problem because the AVIC is inserting 1 in front of the area code...

Example in my phone it says:

111-222-3333

That person calls and the phone recognizes that...

However, on the AVIC is says:

1-111-222-3333

And, therefore does not recognize that and says UNKNOWN for the caller id...

Mark