AVIC411.com

New X930BT owner, have a few questions

Just got a new X930BT, and for the most part I'm pleased as punch. I just have a few minor annoyances, and I thought I'd check to see if there are answers to my quandries :)

The LCD screen is crazy bright! and while that's a good thing most of the time, its a bit distracting at night. Is there a dimmer option somewhere? I can't find any, and it doesn't seem to be related to the cabin lights dimmer switch.

When I press the HOME button, according to the manual, I should be taken to the Navi/Phone/AV menu, however the first time I press it, I'm always taken to the Navi screen (complete with warning screen). Subsequent presses will switch between the Home menu and either Navi or AV, and the MODE button correctly switches between AV and Navi, but did maybe the install guys change the behavior of the HOME button, or am I just completely misreading the manual?

Thanks!

Don't think anything was changed in ours the mode popping to the message and then GPS ect.. is how mine works as well.

For the brightness it should change between night mode and day mode when you turn on your headlights. Make sure the setting in the menu is set to auto for this to work. If it doesn't then the orange/white signal wire wasn't correctly connected when the install was done.

If that's working correctly you may still want to adjust down the brightness. I know I found mine too bright and put the brightness to -7. If you press and hold the mode key you'll get the picture adjustment screen and can make adjustments. Remember you'll need to set the adjustment for the menu screen, GPS screen and when a video is playing as each of the 3 is it's own setting. As well there will be day and night so 6 settings in total.

Zx,

If you press and hold the mode key you'll get the picture adjustment screen and can make adjustments.

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much.

It's not the MODE button I'm talking about that goes first to Navi, then to the main menu, its the HOME button. from what I've read, one press of HOME should take you to the top menu, and a second press should take you to your shortcuts menu, and indeed, that is how it behaves after going to the navi mode the first time it's pressed (per power on). Is there a way to make it not go to Navi the first time?

Zx,

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much.

It's not the MODE button I'm talking about that goes first to Navi, then to the main menu, its the HOME button. from what I've read, one press of HOME should take you to the top menu, and a second press should take you to your shortcuts menu, and indeed, that is how it behaves after going to the navi mode the first time it's pressed (per power on). Is there a way to make it not go to Navi the first time?

Glad the screen setup helped.

For the home yeah that's what I was thinking about and what mine does... Home from Navi goes to top menu but from Media it goes to Navi one time for the saftey message then top menu after that. I don't know anyway around that :(