AVIC411.com

avic-d1 sound system

Hey Everyone,

Quick question - I have an Avic-D1 with some pretty cool sound equipment (alpine pdx 4 channel amp and polk sr6500 speakers) but I don't think it sounds nearly as good as it should...What I'm looking for is either an outboard equalizer or something of the sort that would make my system sound like it would if i had an expensive deck running it? any ideas? part numbers?

OK, first off, an EQ is not a solve-all-problems piece of equipment, didn't we learn anything from the late 80's/early 90's? Now, what kind of car? If you don't have subs, are you sure you don't have the high pass filter on? And what kind of sound are you meaning by "an expensive deck"? The D1 IS expensive, by most people's standards. The sound quality of this deck isn't "audiophile", by any means, but it isn't low-fi, either. You can build a very good sounding system with this deck, as long as you choose the proper equipment to go with it. A good subwoofer, in a proper enclosure, with a decent amount of power running it will bring a world of difference to your system. Have you tried this?