AVIC411.com

ipod not working with avic d3

I have been searching fro hours in the threads in here but I couldn't find anything and most of threads are a couple of years old anyway. So I'm going to ask here hoping that we now would have better information.

I got the avic d3, it came with the ipod cable (I don't know exactly which one it is). I also just bought a 30gb 5g ipod video classic but when I plug it in to the pioneer nothings happens, the ipod source button dosn't come up or nothing.

Some of the info I did found was that if the ipod had the 1.3 version then it wouldn't work. That's what my ipod has.

Anybody has any more/new information on how to get it to work? do I need an specific cable?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...

well for starters, if you read somewhere that ipods with 1.3 wont work, and your ipod has 1.3, then i think you have found your answer. i would see if there is a newer version of apple software available, if not, you will have to get a hold of older software (which is much harder than updating)

worse case, you could get a different cable and hook it up so that you have to control it through the ipod itself.