AVIC411.com

Add AppRadio 2 to X920BT??

I was debating installing the 920...it seems like it is less "hackable" is that correct?? I got a killer deal on it from a buddy but I can give it back to him and get another model. Which unit is the most customizable??

I'm a systems engineer and I've hacked and modded plenty of things, but I'm new to hacking these units. If I stay with the 920 all I can do modding wise is keep upgrading the maps and interface to that of the newer units?? I won't be able to do any of the crazy cool stuff I've seen on this site??

None of the Z1XX or X9XX units are currently hackable to the point of modding the software of what you see with the older F series of units on this site. There is a hack effort that has been going on for over a year but seems to have stalled in its development. Honestly you will probably never see a head unit hacked to the point of what has been done with the F series of units. If that is what you are looking for none of the newer units would be recommended. However, the X940 upgrade software will be available to 920/930 owners sometime this summer which will give you the features of the new 940.