AVIC411.com

VR stops understanding commands?

Hello all,

Quick question. My x920bt has been working flawlessly for months. VR had always accepted commands with minimal problems. Then two weeks ago it went to $h!t. For some reason the VR will recognize names in my contact list but not the type of phone associated with it. For example I could say "Call John Doe mobile". The VR will recognize John Doe, but will then ask me which number I want to call "Mobile or Home". Regardless of how many times I say "mobile" or "home" it wont work.

Not sure what could be causing this but if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

The only slight change I made to the system was to add an additional phone to the bluetooth system for my GF when she drives the car. I went into the settings and made sure her phone was not active and even when it is active I swith it to audio only. So I don't think that should be the problem.

Thanks for the help!

Get rid of the other phone and see if the issue goes away. There is no way to delete the phone from the unit unless you do a reset on the unit so you will need to remove the unit from the phone. Even still, a reset of the unit may be required.