AVIC411.com

Hey everyone,

It's my first time posting here, as I just bought an AppRadio 2 a few days ago. I installed a simple bypass switch and at first, it worked flawlessly.

The second day it would intermittently display a blank screen when trying to launch the app menu, while flipping the brake override switch.

Starting today, the screen goes from black to the brake instructions with each flip of the switch. Finally, when the instructions come back and the continue/ok button is able to be pressed, I press it, and it takes me to nothing but a blank screen. Sometimes a notification window eventually comes on telling me video cannot be displayed while the car is in motion.

So, what's going on here? Is it stuck in the middle of a parking brake initiation sequence? I tried resetting the settings several times and it never works. Do you think unplugging the battery and reconnecting it would clear any weird setting it's holding on to? Or do I just have a defective unit?

Have any of you run across this?

Thanks ahead of time!

Hey everyone,

It's my first time posting here, as I just bought an AppRadio 2 a few days ago. I installed a simple bypass switch and at first, it worked flawlessly.

The second day it would intermittently display a blank screen when trying to launch the app menu, while flipping the brake override switch.

Starting today, the screen goes from black to the brake instructions with each flip of the switch. Finally, when the instructions come back and the continue/ok button is able to be pressed, I press it, and it takes me to nothing but a blank screen. Sometimes a notification window eventually comes on telling me video cannot be displayed while the car is in motion.

So, what's going on here? Is it stuck in the middle of a parking brake initiation sequence? I tried resetting the settings several times and it never works. Do you think unplugging the battery and reconnecting it would clear any weird setting it's holding on to? Or do I just have a defective unit?

Have any of you run across this?

Thanks ahead of time!

I've had several black screens before and I was able to solve this issue by disconnecting my iPod touch and reconnecting. I thought it was just me, makes me wonder if the software is buggy or something.....

I've had several black screens before and I was able to solve this issue by disconnecting my iPod touch and reconnecting. I thought it was just me, makes me wonder if the software is buggy or something.....

That didn't fix it for me. I've tried quitting the app from the iPhone's task manager, deleting it from my phone and reinstalling it and even installed it on my sister's iPhone to see if I might have a bad settings file somewhere on mine. No luck.

What's weird is, when I first installed it, the parking brake notification would stay on the screen even while flipping the switch, then would go away once I hit the OK/Continue button. Now, it alternates between the blank screen and the parking brake screen each time I flip the switch.

I think my only option at this point is to disconnect the battery for a few minutes and see if that clears any weird parking brake cycle it might be getting hung up on. Anyone else run into this issue?

UPDATE: I figured out what the issue was. I realized that since it all quit working, I had bought a 30-pin dock extension cable because the stock one from Pioneer doesn't stay connected to the iPhone very well. After I removed that from the equation, everything started working flawlessly again. Apparently, not all 30 pin dock extenders carry video signals.

Weird stuff. Too bad the extension cable didn't work, since it has a better fit on the dock connector. But I'm just glad everything is working again.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure I'm getting the same black screen with my Razr Maxx. I have yet to see the actual app screen. It is a black screen with a white dot that appears in different locations. My phone is "mirrored" onto the display. I have a standard HDMI to Micro HDMI straight to the phone. The message says something about initializing from the compatile Pioneer product, but I don't get any pop-ups on the phone asking for permission.