AVIC411.com

avic-x940bt display street names.

Just upgraded from the avic-x910bt to the 940bt. The 940 works great no problems tends to be faster than the 930. The pandora app with an android works great as long as ur phone is getting good service. One thing that bothers me is the fact that when ur driving the gps doesn't display all streets names that are on ur left and right, basically streets that ur passing. For me it displays the street I'm driving on and only main roads/streets. My 910bt displayed all streets. Ive been through all settings and menus and cannot find an option for that. Does anyone have any suggestions and I am zooming in to the lowest view.

I would like to know this as well. I currently have the X930 and on my Garmin, it displays the current street im on at the bottom and the streets i'm approaching on top. I know that you can see some streets on the map but only the select are shown and it's somewhat hard to read.

• 1 month later...

Just purchased the AVIC-X940BT on 05/28/12 and after the install noticed the same concerns noted above with the displaying of the names of the streets to the left and the right of the traveling triangle. I called Pioneer today (06/11/12) and advised them of this concern. They relayed to me that this is how this unit is set up and will only display the names of the main streets! I explained that my portable Garmin unit displayed all the information to the left and right of the triangle, The rep stated that this has been like this for a few radio generations! Oh yeah and there is no navigational update to rectify this concern! Oh well I guess we'll have to live with this! :(

• 5 months later...