AVIC411.com

D1 in 2002 Dodge Ram

looks great so far!!! I am going to start installing mine tomorrow morning in my 2003 quad cab ram. couple questions if you dont mind, do you have the infinity sound system and did that create any problems(i'm assuming your using the rest of the stock system). were you able to find the sheet of abs plastic locally or did you have to order it? i was kind of hoping i can find it at like home depot or someplace like that. Im planning on going about filling the gaps a lil differently.

please keep this thread updated with great pics like those they are going to help me alot! and i cant wait to see the finished product..

Patrick

I did not have the Infinity system. Right now I am just reusing the stock speakers. I have plans for Kicker components front and rear, and 2 10's in a Joe Fox box. I got the black plastic from a stereo shop. I went in for the antenna adapter and the sales guy/installer came out and check out my work. I was going to use a piece of cutting board, but he hooked me up with the plastic. Yeah the work on the bezel so far is just roughing it in. I will trim it all to fit and paint it the color of my truck.

Please post pics of your install as well. If you need some help, LMK. The VSS and the reverse wire were the biggest pain to me. But I got them figured out. I went with the Ebay back-up camera as well. Of course I found a better deal after I ordered it.

damn i was definately hoping you had the infinity :( ive been hearing ppl saying you have to rerun all the wires to the speakers, others say all you have to do is hook up a remote wire(fingers crossed). also it looks like you are using a trim ring, is that the one that came with the avic or is it an aftermarket install kit of some sort? do you happen to have a pic of what you had to cut behind the dash to get the radit to fit? sorry for all the questions, ive been researching the install for like a week and i have finally decided to just do it..

ooh wanna share where you found the better deal on the backup camera?? :D

thanks again Patrick