AVIC411.com

More detail in navigation

hey guys, i recently got a f700BT but one thing i dont like about it is the little detail in the voice when following navigation guidance. it would tell me to take the next left/right or whatever maybe 50-100 feet before the turn but it does not actually tell me to turn at the intersection. i used to have a D3 and it would do that. also, when i exit highways, it would tell me to "exit highway" when i am already off the highway.

i dont think i have it updated yet, would updating it help? also i know the female voice is the only voice that speaks names and stuff but it is very robotic-y. there seems to be a way to load voices in there. is there an alternative?

many people have made adjustments in MOD files to help with the voice sounding a little less like a Speak&Spell, also you should try to update your system, my f series does nothing but give warnings, way to much for my taste, turn in 1/4 mile... turn in 500 feet... turn right now... you just made a turn... lol

many people have made adjustments in MOD files to help with the voice sounding a little less like a Speak&Spell, also you should try to update your system, my f series does nothing but give warnings, way to much for my taste, turn in 1/4 mile... turn in 500 feet... turn right now... you just made a turn... lol

hmm, yea ill give it an update when i get a chance. for mine pretty much just says in 1/4 mile, 500 ft, next left/right. unlike my d3 that actually says turn here and the "ding".