AVIC411.com

I've got a 2007 Silverado LTZ (NBS) with factory Bose. I used to have a Kenwood DNX5120 but it started to crap out on me and I saw BestBuy.com was closing out the X930BT for $499 with free shipping and bought one. I was wiring it up today but realized that the adapter I used for the Kenwood (the GMOS-LAN-02) uses RCA jacks to connect to the speaker wire leads off the stereo. Problem is that the Pioneer doesn't have RCA inputs for the speakers... it uses regular wires. Can I find some way to use my current adapter? Cut the RCA ends off of it and just tie into it? Or are there adapters to add onto the stereo side to put RCA ends on it? It just sucks having to go out and drop another $100+ on another adapter...

Okay, maybe I was just being dumb. The Pioneer has a harness with RCA connectors on it that serve various purposes, including front and rear speakers. When reading the install manual it states that these are to go to an amp that powers these speakers, that's why I didn't think I was supposed to connect them. Like I said on the Kenwood I just plugged these right into the back of the head unit. At any rate I might have a different problem... the radio won't turn on. I figure even if I don't have the speakers hooked up it should at least turn on. My fear is that perhaps the GMOS-LAN-02 adapter is bad? With the Kenwood the unit would work for awhile and then one day I would turn the truck on and nothing. I would have nothing for a few weeks and then all of the sudden it would start working again and I would be fine for a few weeks until... you get the idea. This has been going on for like 6 months and I was tired of it. I had read that the Kenwoods were known for failing after a few years and assumed that was what was happening with mine. Before I installed the Pioneer the Kenwood was not working at the time. Could it have been the LAN-02 adapter all along and going in and out, and since mine is currently in its "I don't feel like working for the next few weeks" phase that my Pioneer won't work either? Has anyone heard of such a thing? If that is the case then my Kenwood might have not been bad after all.... pulling my hair out right now!

Well I determined that the GMOS-LAN-02 module WAS in fact the issue. I saw that the seam was separating some causing the top and bottom halves of the module to come apart at one end. It wasn't a whole lot, but was noticeable. I squeezed them together and then the unit fired up immediately! I placed a zip tie around the module to hold it tight and completed the install. I will have to wait and see if I have any more issues. If I do then I guess I will need to get a new module, next time it will be one that allows me to use my rear seat audio controls. I guess my Kenwood was okay after all!