AVIC411.com

F90BT to X940BT - Worth it?

Hello, I had an F90BT in my 07 Avalanche that I bought when it first came out. I made the mods to it, updates, etc. Was still pretty sluggish, albeit improved once modded. I was wondering what the performance on the new X940BT was like in comparison and if I should bother buying the new unit for my Pathfinder. I had to let the F90 go with my Avalanche when I sold it. I really liked my F90, customizations were great, features were great, etc. However I spent $750 on that thing, plus the modules to make it work in that truck. Luckily my Pathfinder (2000 model) doesn't need all of those additional modules,but I was still thinking about going with a no-name Chinese unit since they are like $200-250 shipped...but I can get a brand new X940 for $570 shipped to my door. Also considering picking up a slightly used X930BT as well. Just not sure yet. Any help is much appreciated.

Pros?

Cons?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

I did just that, 90BT to the 940 and love how much faster it is. I miss customizing it as it isn't as open as the 90 was/is. You lose voice command and 3D but will be happy with the faster boot times for sure.

Lots of support folks will tell you that you cannot use your old harness but I did. Couple of changes in the wiring but super easy to work around so the upgrade is real easy. Sold my old unit on ebay and recouped some of that cost.

Go for it

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I upgraded to 940 from F90BT. I really loved modding the old unit and spents tons of hours modding. It sounds like the 940 you can't do. IF you have iphone then the 940 is for you. I used pretty much the same wiring (I had an installer put it in) and the bypass. The rca connector was the only thing he used when putting in the 940. It is much faster booting up and I can't wait to start modding if it can be cracked. I do have the F90BT for sell if you are interested.

Jimbo